My new sounds:Source:
Less than one week to go until our second HOUSE of LUX extravaganza. We are really looking forward to mixing our fantastic local live music scene with other things of real beauty.
This month we focus on ART be celebrating the first birthday of Undegun Arts Space in Wrexham which has been instrumental in transforming the face of our humble High Street.
Please come and help us create something truly beautiful.
Dress like yourself//Dance with you heart
- 4 weeks ago
- 4 weeks ago
Spectrum PA Hire will be on sound duties for this one. Check us out www.pahirewrexham.co.uk
- 1 month ago
- 3 months ago
Ten things Disney MUST not do to ruin the new star wars films.
If there are two things I love in this world its Star Wars and my son. Star Wars shaped my life and, many of the bonding sessions with my son from baby to child was done by watching Disney Pixar. For me it’s genius. So when the partnership was announced I thought that the guys at Disney could breathe some life into the next three instalments and not make the same mistakes Lucas made with the prequels. Recent news has made me feel otherwise and I hope to Yoda that we are not quite literally going history repeating. If so in the words of C-3PO ‘we’re all doomed’ so…
10) Stop using the same environments over and over again. Tatooine. Is described by Luke as ‘the planet that is farthest from’ and why because it’s fuckin’ shite! So why re-visit it time and time again? The only film it doesn’t seem to feature in is Empire. Anyone remember the stark contrast when you saw Hoth or Cloud City for the first time? We got the impression this was a vast universe to be explored. Tatooine is just somewhere where Nothing much happens and creeps up in the films far too often. Why couldn’t Anakin just of came from somewhere else?
09) Recyling the same old characters over and over again is tiresome. OK I think Yoda and the droids need to be there but Chewie carrying Yoda on his back ‘miss you I will’ COME ON. If you are gonna’ reference the good old days let’s see Lando making off with the falcon or Captain Solo jumping ship from the imperials. Too many old characters seemed to be there for the sake of it.
08) CGI and flashy stuff. Grow a pair and film star wars like we love it. Old and a bit grainy. It’s fine to put a few new effects here and there but those boosters sure would have got D2 out of the swamp in a hurry.
07) Super weapon needing to be destroyed story arcs. Death Star, Death Star II that thing that got blown up above Naboo. You fly up get rid of that and we’ll sort the ground up and everything will be fine NO IT WON’T STOP IT ALREADY!
06) Bad acting. The actors in the prequels put in their worst performances of their careers. If you are going have an all star cast then at least let’s have the same effort regarding their direction
05) Bad dialog. How did the semi hip speak of Han Solo “Listen I ain’t in this for your revolution sister” and “I love you”; “I know” descend into to “Hold me like you did on Naboo”?
04) Jar Jar. OK Ewoks are cutsey but so’s a Jack Russell or Ferrets until you take them lamping. No I take that all back put him in for a laugh how old will that make him in Gunngan years? 900?
03) Sexual equality. Weird one this the balliest character and clearly an ardent feminist leads the rebels to victory in a new hope but where’s the rest of the women in the six films. Jeez. There’s probably more Banthas than women in the whole saga.
02) Racial equality. There seems to be more aliens than other ethnic groups in the films. Lucas didn’t cast any Afro Caribbeans in the first film and perhaps Chinese only exist in Star Trek
01) Too much interference from Lucas. Good idea but come lad you’ve done your job let the lads do there’s.
So there you have it and I got to the end of my blog without mentioning racism, religion, incest and plot inconsistencies. But then there are other alternatives to fighting…